AITS staff provides a wide range of administrative technology solutions and enterprise services at no additional cost to the University community. Additionally, AITS offers the following services to UI organizations for a fee. A copy of the standard Service Level Agreement (SLA)
is available which outlines the conditions of the agreement. This SLA and related pricing may be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization.
For further information or to request any service contact the AITS Service Desk:
A service representative will contact you to discuss your needs.
This service provides hosting, maintenance, 24/7 monitoring, system architecture and application administration services. We provide professional support services that leverage industry best practices for supporting and maintaining complex multi-tiered enterprise applications of your one off business application specific to your department's needs. All application services are securely maintained, tested and patched in regular cycles to provide a high degree of security to protect sensitive data and keep the applications functioning properly and smoothly. The Application Administration team has extensive experience with a wide variety of application software technologies, tools and platforms including but not limited to the following:
- Application Deployment technologies including, but not limited to, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Apache/Tomcat, and Microsoft llS .Net framework.
- Database technologies that include Oracle and SQL Server
- Operating systems including Windows, Unix and Linux
More detailed information on Application Administration can be found here: https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/services/application_services/application_administration/
Pricing: $63.57 / hour
The Departmental System team is part of the Applications, Development, Support & Data group (ADSD) within AITS.
This set of professional services are for the development, maintenance, and enhancement of Web applications, batch applications, and application integration services to University of Illinois administrative units, colleges, and departments. The service provides consulting and application development services that leverage best practices as well as a defined software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology for building and maintaining Web applications, batch applications, and integrations.
The following is a sampling of the types of services that can be provided to customers of this service:
- Executive and management level consulting for defining and developing Web-centric business and technology strategies;
- Web and batch application planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance services;
- Application integration and custom interfaces between software applications;
- Web-database integration;
- User interface design for Web-based software applications;
- Usability analysis, testing and recommendations including llTAA Web Accessibility and Section 508 (of the U.S. Workforce Rehabilitation Act) compliance;
- Managed hosting for customer applications including end-to-end services for designating, developing, testing, maintaining, supporting, and hosting customers' Web applications;
- Independent vulnerability scanning and performance testing of custom developed and packaged applications.
Application hosting is provided by AITS in a reliable, monitored, secure, and managed fashion that includes the flexibility and performance of a distributed computing solution. The Web application development methodology that is utilized follows best practices for the SDLC including tailored SDLC, prototyping, and iterative delivery techniques. More information can be found here:
More detailed information about Application Development can be found here: https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/services/application_services/application_development
Pricing: $56.55 / hour
Business Intelligence Solutions
Business Intelligence is the transformation of raw data into valuable information for strategic decision making. AITS provides a full suite of Business Intelligence Solutions to provide you with the data and information you need to answer the most important questions to run your business. Our solutions empower decision makers in the pursuit of fulfilling the university mission and Enable the University community in realizing efficiencies and effectiveness in business operations. We achieve this by transforming data into information through excellence in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and Customer Service.
AITS works closely with clients to design and build Business Intelligence Solutions. We deliver the following Business Intelligence tools:
Reports designed around specific information needs
Ad Hoc reporting solutions allowing you to quickly and easily build your own reports
On-Line Analytical Processing giving you the ability to perform multidimensional analysis of your data
Data Visualization and Dashboards which depict your data visually so you can see patterns and trends
Pricing: $59.60 / hour
Our enterprise class servers and SAN provide high performance and reliability. By using standardized processes across all of our clients we are able to support over 1,200 Oracle and SQL Server databases. We do not currently charge for either the server or space as long as your databases can share our environments with other clients. Because most of our processes are automated, DBA charges generally are only incurred during the initial migration from your current environment to AITS and upon client requests. Typical clients use between 5 and 25 hours per quarter.
More detailed information on Database Hosting can be found here: https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/services/professional_services/database_services
Pricing: $78.37 per hour
Application Integration Services are offered to make Enterprise data available to applications via web services, messaging, file transfer, or other supported programming interface. This service allows departmental or vended applications to integrate with enterprise data on a secure, consistent, and supported basis.
Examples of integration work include:
- Web Services: Web Service API’s that extend Banner functionality, providing data validation services, facilitating SSO authentications, utilities such as sending email, and many others.
- Messaging Services: Offering point-to-point and publish-subscribe messaging integration services for batch and web applications, where direct integration is the best fit. AITS can help integrate applications with messaging services via local integration, or by building custom connectors that provide data integration capabilities.
- Enterprise Objects: Enterprise objects use a standard object model to provide a common representation of business objects and the underlying data. The consolidation of data into a business object provides an easy to understand layout for use across distributed systems.
More detailed information on Integration Services can be found here: https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=558&pageId=617104
Pricing: $60.63 per hour
Mobile Development Services
AITS provides a full suite of development, testing, and deployment services for native mobile applications on the iOS, Android and responsive mobile web platforms. AITS works closely with clients to design and build mobile applications following a combination of agile methodology and industry best practices. The development services include analysis, design, construction, testing, and submission of the app to the iOS App Store and Google Play. AITS can also provide assistance to help organizations troubleshoot technical problems with existing apps or help with development and quality assurance testing of new apps that a department might be building. All deployments to the iTunes App Store for apps under the University of Illinois name are done by AITS.
More information on the AITS mobile development strategy can be found here: AITS Mobile Application Strategy
Pricing: $58.30 / hour
Quality Assurance Testing
This set of services are for the testing of web-based, mobile-based, and tablet-based software applications and services at the University of Illinois System level, university level, colleges and departments. A full set of test suites are provided to ensure applications and services are accessible as mandated by Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act (IITAA), follow project specifications, perform according to stakeholder guidelines, and are secure according to the latest industry standards. The full set of testing AITS provides include:
- Accessibility Testing
- Automated Regression Testing
- Configuration Testing
- Manual Functional Testing
- Performance Testing
- Vulnerability Testing
More detailed information on AITS Quality Assurance Testing can be found here: https://www.aits.uillinois.edu/services/application_services/quality_assurance_testing
Pricing: $50.68 per hour
This set of services includes support for a grouping of hardware or software for the purpose of serving multiple users and / or hosting services; software relating to or in support of the operating system of the server; and full (full weekly backup, exported to offsite location) and incremental (performed daily except when full back-ups are performed – retained on-site for 30 days) server backup services. And storage typically required for fileshare and email. Please note that storage needs beyond the reasonable amount provided for fileshare and email may incur an additional charge. This will be addressed on a case-by-case basis with the client.
For details on the services included in this set, please see the service description pages for the following:
Pricing: $1,729.64 / server
Source Code Version Control
The Source Code Version Control and Concurrent Versions System maintains revision history as files change over time. It also allows multiple users to work on the same text file simultaneously, merging changes automatically. Files are stored in a repository and grouped by modules. AITS used Subversion (SVN) to manage this service. SVN stores information about and allows reversion to any previous state of any file in the repository.
AITS has extended the core functionality of SVN to include the following features:
- A web based interface for browsing the SVN repository
- Script based security to limit access by module
- Script based security to provide read only access
- SVN Web portal which includes the following information:
- SVN User Manual
- SVN Issues and Resolutions
- Account Management
- Module Management
- SVN Monitor (tool for reviewing access)
- Repository Management
- Downloading and Installing Tortoise (an application used to logon to SVN)
Pricing: Please contact Karen Greenwalt at 217-265-6375 for source code version control pricing.
The Storage Management service is a professional service that provides storage, 24/7 monitoring, and support services to University of Illinois clients. The Storage Management service provides professional support services that leverage industry best practices for supporting and maintaining complex multi-tiered storage management arrays. The following is a sampling of the types of services that can be provided to customers of this service:
- SAN is available 99.99 percent during scheduled service times.
- Assignment of storage within one week of the original request from the client.
- 24/7 monitoring and surveillance of storage services to provide highly available systems.
- 24/7 service desk to provide continuous customer care services.
- Current environment runs EMC VNX5800s
Pricing: $1,391.80 per TB
Video Conference Support
This set of services includes assistance and consultation to determine what type of video conference equipment and/or services most closely meets the customer’s needs. The goal is to make the video conference experience as simple and transparent to the participants so that they have an overall positive user experience while saving valuable staff and monetary resources that would have been otherwise spent on in-person travel. Please contact for pricing.
- Setup and configuration of video conference equipment
- Provide user assistance and training for successful use of the video equipment
- Provide connection information and pre-test connections for meetings
Virtual Meeting Room (VMR)
- This provides a dedicated space on the Bridge to hold your meetings
- Allows multiple types of connections from web browser, Lync clients or H323 end points
- 1-5 connections for one meeting
- 1-10 connections for one meeting
- Unlimited minutes and is charged by the month
Equipment/Conference Room Rental and Support
- Site visit and consultation to determine customer needs
- Provide connection information used for distribution to meeting participants
- Setup and management of equipment (remote locations) or in existing AITS conference rooms including pre-test/dress rehearsals and actual meeting
- Monitor the connections from the video management software to ensure that the customer's meeting continues successfully and assist in the event of any issues that arise during the meeting in regards to the video connections
Audio/Video Recording and Streaming
- Provide streaming and/or recording of audio and video for the event
Pricing: Please contact Karen Greenwalt at 217-265-6375 for video conference support pricing.
This set of services includes hardware and software support for desktop and laptop PCs, printers, scanners, PDAs, and many hand-held devices. It may also include consolidation of customer’s server systems to provide file, print and application services. Software relating to or in support of the operating system of the desktop and standard applications (Anti-virus protection, email, shared/commodity storage, ProofPoint, etc.) are included. Microsoft Office and CompuTrace support are provided at an additional charge to clients. Additional software is supported on a case-by-case basis. Currently supported operating systems are Microsoft Windows workstation versions (Win7, 8, and 10) and Apple OSX 10.11 and up.
For details on the services included in this set, please see the service description pages for the following:
Pricing: $411.05 / workstation