The Gartner Group is a research and advisory company focused on information technology (IT) technologies, practices, and strategies. It provides analysis to corporate, government, and higher education clients through a variety of media, including the Gartner Research website. This research and analysis can be used throughout the University for planning, decision making, and measurement purposes for making continual process improvements towards industry best practices.
The University of Illinois has purchased access to Gartner Research's Core Research, which does not include their Dataquest documents nor special reports. Other information is only available by request to the University's Gartner representative.
Students, Faculty and Staff at the University of Illinois may use their NetID and password for access.
Login: Gartner Research
*** Note: Off campus users will be required to connect to VPN prior to accessing the Gartner link. ***
- All materials are owned and copyrighted by the Gartner Group.
- The University of Illinois is only allowed to use, distribute, and excerpt any documents or portions thereof for use in University business.
- No portions of nor whole documents can be distributed to nor used by non-University personnel.
- All copies of data obtained from Gartner Research must be destroyed before you leave the University.
- Contact the AITS Service Desk for any assistance needed.
- You have three primary methods of accessing Gartner Research data after you login:
- The search box at the top of the page.
- Browsing from the Gartner home page.
- Clicking "My Profile" to access documents flagged by your alert settings.
- The default search will return free documents you have access to. If you select "Advanced Search" you might receive search results ending with "Buy" at the end of the title which requires purchasing.
Gartner Group about themselves: "Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,800 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,300 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 80 countries."
Current research communities include:
- Application Development
- Application Integration
- Business Process Management
- Business Process Platforms
- Consulting & Systems Integration
- Content Management & E-learning
- CRM Vision
- Data Management & Integration
- Digital Home & Consumer Technologies
- Emerging Markets
- Emerging Trends & Technologies
- Enterprise Operations
- Environmentally Sustainable IT
- High-Performance Workplace
- IT Outsourcing
- IT Performance & Business Value
- IT Service & Enterprise Management
- Mobile & Wireless
- Open-Source Software
- People, Work, Culture & Society
- Personal & Distributed Technologies
- Project Portfolio Management
- Security, Privacy & Risk
- Software as a Service
- Web Technologies
Details about Gartner Research are available in a PDF document.