Submit a Data Warehouse Access Request
DS Unit Security Contact (USC) Application
University information security policy authorizes designated Unit Security Contacts (USCs) to request Data Warehouse access on behalf of faculty and staff of the University of Illinois. Data Warehouse Access Requests can only be accepted from Unit Security Contacts, via the DS Unit Security Contact (USC) Application.
Learn more about how to fill out and submit the Data Warehouse Access Request form via the step-by-step instructions. Learn more about the Data Warehouse access roles available for users via the detailed Data Warehouse Access Plan. (The Access Plan features a role-per-page format and includes bookmarks for easier navigation.)
What Is Data Warehouse Access?
Access to the Data Warehouse enables faculty and staff of the University of Illinois to create custom reports, queries, or data downloads based on Finance, HR, or Student data available in the Data Warehouse. Custom reports can be created using the Business Objects reporting tool, or via any other query or reporting tool you choose (MS Access, SQL Plus, Crystal Reports, SAS, or others), as long as it is ODBC-compliant. Using your access to the Data Warehouse you can:
- Create custom reports for use in your department
- Create queries for trending and analysis
- Create queries for one-time use or to save and rerun on a regular schedule
- Create automated data downloads to populate your local databases
- Retrieve data for use in your department's applications
What Happens After a Request is Submitted
Access to the Data Warehouse will be enabled within 5-7 business days after receiving the Data Warehouse Access Request form. Users and USCs will receieve email notification informing them that access has been established or modified.
Unit Security Contacts may view the status of requests using the DS Unit Security Contact (USC) Application.
Unit Security Contacts (USCs)
For additional Information please see the Information for Unit Security Contacts page. You can find the following information on this page:
- Requesting User Access
- Requesting Application Accounts
- Requesting OLAP Cube Access
- Check User or Dept. Access or Existing Request
- Requesting Standard Report Access
Users & Potential Users
For additional Information please see the Information for Users page. You can find the following information on this page.
- Find your USC (Who to Contact)
- Which Data Do You Need (What to Request)
- Student Data Access Requirements
- Report Developer Responsibilities
- About Application Accounts