CA Unicenter Service Desk is used by AITS for managing Service Desk operations. This tool allows users to file services requests, incidents, and interact with the service desk to resolve IT related issues. Unicenter provides the following functionality for users and management:
- Logging service desk incidents and service requests for users
- Categorizing, coding, and prioritizing Service Desk incidents and service requests to better organize and prioritize workload management
- Managing Service Desk incidents and service requests through their life cycle, tracking important details and related information provided by both users and internal staff working to resolve incidents
- Monitoring and tracking progress of Service Desk incidents and service
- Functional escalation of Service Desk incidents to other working teams
- Hierarchical escalation of Service Desk incidents to middle and upper management based on priority and escalation models
- Resolution and closure of Service Desk incidents and service requests
- Survey not included with CA Unicenter Service Desk, this is from outside entity
- Metric reporting capabilities enabling continuous improvement of support operations
- An ITIL compliant support process defined and updated to work in unison with the CA Unicenter Service Desk application
The CA Unicenter Service Desk application is hosted at the AITS Data Center. Users may access the application with a client installed on a computer with Internet access.
Hours of Availability
This service is available to customers 24/7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the AITS Change Control Process. In addition to the standard AITS maintenance windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
Standard maintenance windows are defined as:
- 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. each Sunday when application usage is at its lowest
- After 5 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday, unless business needs to make a change during business hours
- The second Wednesday of the month from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for patching Microsoft servers
- 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. three Sundays a year for routine Windows and Linux maintenance
- The Service Desk’s standard business hours are 24/7, 365 days a year, including University of Illinois holidays
Customers will have the following responsibilities with regards to utilizing the AITS Service Desk Management application -- CA Unicenter Service Desk:
- Participate in training on how to use the application
- Use the Service Desk Management application- CA Unicenter Service Desk, for its intended use of tracking and managing Service Desk activities within their agencies
- Contact the AITS Service Desk for assistance or technical support in the use of, or in the event of issues with, the Service Desk Management application -- CA Unicenter Service Desk
- Pay all fees associated with the use of this service
How Do We Charge?
Customers are charged a percentage of the total cost of the application based on the anticipated ticket usage. Service Level Agreements will be worked out with each customer depending on the desired level of support.