As part of our service offering, the BPI Shared Service offers a variety of training courses focused on educating University staff on the concepts, techniques and tools of process improvement. If you have interest in any of the courses, please register online with the link below. If you do not see a training scheduled at this time, please continue to check back on the registration page.
BPI Concepts - As an initial step towards providing a Process Improvement Training Program, the BPI Shared Service Core team developed a 1-day course on Business Process Improvement concepts. The course provides an overview of both Lean and Six Sigma philosophies and will be offered to university employees on a quarterly basis at each campus.
- Chicago Campus
- September 17, 2013
- December 5, 2013
- March 5, 2014
- June 11, 2014
- Urbana Campus
- September 12, 2013
- December 10, 2013
- March 12, 2014
- June 5, 2014
Blueworks Hands-On – A hands-on training course demonstrating Blueworks Live software. Training is offered on a quarterly basis at each campus or by request for units with Blueworks licenses.
Next Steps–Additional modules covering more specific and advanced concepts will be developed and delivered on an ad hoc basis over the next year. The following is a tentative list of modules to be offered in the future:
- Leading & Sponsoring BPI Efforts – Introduction to BPI Concepts, requirements of project sponsors and leaders, and a discussion of project selection techniques.
- Process Mapping 101 – Overview of the various process mapping techniques and tools used by the BPI Shared Service.
- 5S Case Study – Hands-on demonstration of the power of the Lean 5S methodology.
- A3 Case Study – Hands-on demonstration of the Lean A3 problem solving template.
- Advanced Methodology – Detailed walk-thru of the University of Illinois BPI Methodology.