If you begin to experience problems with your computer, there are some basic steps you can follow that will solve most issues.
- If your machine freezes up on you, try restarting it - closing all applications, shutting down the computer, turning it off then on again after a few seconds.
- If the form you are in stops responding, try closing your web browser, opening a new one and then logging back in again. If this does not help, try restarting your computer.
- If your keyboard, mouse, monitor, or computer stop working correctly, please turn off the computer and check all the cords to make sure everything is still plugged in completely.
- If you cannot get the next screen to come up, check your pop up blockers to make sure that they are turned off.
- If the enterprise application you are trying to use seems to be down, check System Status Information to see if the problem has already been reported.
- If you receive an error message while working, please take a screen shot of it or write it down (even if you do not understand it) along with what you were doing at the time and what applications you have open. We will also need to know what web browser you are using.
For additional assistance with enterprise-level applications at the University of Illinois, or to start an AITS Service Desk ticket, please visit Answers & Support at answers.uillinois.edu/ua.