The Enterprise Batch Scheduling Service offered by AITS utilizes AppWorx Enterprise Scheduler software. AppWorx enables the automatic and manual execution of all administrative batch processes including:
- Java applications
- SQL scripts
- System scripts
- All Banner batch processing
- Business Objects
- SAS reports
The AppWorx Enterprise Scheduler provides the following functionality:
- Event-driven process scheduling (defined workflows and/or job dependencies)
- Automatic submission of executions
- Interface for monitoring executions and process flow analysis
- Priorities and/or queues to control management of execution for processes
- E-mail notification of process commencement, completion, and/or error messages
- A testing environment is available
Hours of Availability
This service is available to customers 24/7, excluding planned outages, maintenance windows and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are used only when needed for planned changes that have gone through the AITS Change Control Process. In addition to the standard AITS maintenance windows, site-specific and service-specific changes may be coordinated with customers at non-standard times.
Standard maintenance windows are defined as:
- 6:00 a.m. to 12:00p.m. each Sunday when application usage is at its lowest
- After 5:00 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday, unless business needs to make a change during business hours
- 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. three Sundays a year for routine Solaris and Linux maintenance
- 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. every month on one Sunday for patching Windows servers
Contact the appropriate AITS TAM (Technical Applications Management) team, part of the AITS ADSD group, to discuss new batch processing needs. A work request will need to be submitted to initiate new batch processes.
For scheduling your user developed reports (SAS reports), contact the Production Scheduling group in the COE group for standards and guidelines (before developing).
For access problems, questions or comments, contact the AITS Service Desk at 217-333-3102 (Urbana/Springfield) or 312-996-4806 (Chicago). You can also e-mail the AITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Charge?
Currently, AITS does not charge for this service.